Bloodoath Reavers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gear and how you should prioritize (opinion)

Go down

Gear and how you should prioritize (opinion) Empty Gear and how you should prioritize (opinion)

Post by Lord Cryer Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:42 am

Must have:( Top Priority)
Full Guthans ( useful at most GWD, good at DKS, good for slayer)
Berserker Ring ( Better DPS than any other melee ring, the only time warrior ring is better is if you're cannoning daggonaths or Smoke devils)
Archer ring: Range accuracy + range def
Trident of the Swamp: Useful verse Dag Rex, Zulrah and practically any PVM that requires magic.
Blowpipe: Useful vs Dag Prime, Armadyl for heals + killing minions, Sara for heals + killing minions if you're ranging, slayer, kq,etc. Can be used as DPS verse Zammy and Bandos as well
Veracs: Good for Sara if you're using melee + wildy bosses. Also provides high prayer bonus and good defensive stats so it it useful in other things like fight caves.
Fury: Good stats for every combat style, prayer bonus and def bonus
Abyssal Tentacle: Useful for Bandos, DKS etc
Zamorakian Spear: Best weapon to kill Corp with
Serp Helm : BIS strength, great defense, immunity to poison and inflicts venom ON SOME creatures, and poison if immune to venom.
Occult neck: 10% accuracy+ Damage for less than 1m
Bandos Godsword: Great cheap weapon if you don't have DWH.

Last edited by Lord Cryer on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

Lord Cryer

Back to top Go down

Gear and how you should prioritize (opinion) Empty Re: Gear and how you should prioritize (opinion)

Post by Lord Cryer Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:50 am

Should Have (High Priority)
Dragon Warhammer: While being one of the most expensive items, it is very benefical to have against most bosses, especially corp
Zammy Hasta: Great Stab weapon, works fine as a crush weapon. Gives some def bonus + prayer bonus as well. Useful at KBD, Sire, Vet'ion, KQ,Cerberus
Karil's top & skirt: Best magic defense armor that DOES NOT reduce melee bonuses. Useful for corp ( void melee works well too)
Crystal Shield(i)/ DFS (preferably dfs): Very High Defensive Bonuses, even if you don't tank bandos often, benefical to have in places such as DKS or Armadyl.
Prim boots: While it isn't noticeably better than dragon boots and very expensive for the upgrade, you should definitely get if you can afford. Realistically speaking, Bosses are pretty crowded and sometimes someone will try to crash you. That small bonus can be whether you got the drop or not, or even WHETHER crashers decide to crash or not. Should be prioritized over tassets, because the boots can be used anywhere, while tassets for example, if you're using verac set method at sara, can not be used
Amulet of Torture: much more accurate than a fury for dwh & good for anticrash
Bandos tassets: BIS strength bonus, decent ranged def as well. Good for slayer and bossing

Last edited by Lord Cryer on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lord Cryer

Back to top Go down

Gear and how you should prioritize (opinion) Empty Re: Gear and how you should prioritize (opinion)

Post by Lord Cryer Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:42 pm

decent to have (Medium priority)

Imbued heart: +10% magic level boost, good for zulrah,kraken etc. Also good at places where magic defense helps ( considering mage lvl is 2/3 of mage defense), eg corp is good
Tormented bracelet: 5% accuracy and damage. useful for zulrah and kraken. USeful at dks if you can spare an inv spot, but other than that most locations it isn't really needed and is quite expensive for the bonuses it provides.
Armadyl Crossbow: Useful at KBD and Sara, but  hasta / veracs is just as effective if not more effective. Decent At Arma, but I personally use chins for most of the kill  so I wouldn't say its that great there either.
Neck of anguish:5% accuracy and damage  Useful at perhaps sire, but in most locations I think the def bonus is just as good as having the extra damage
Ring of suffering imbued: Gives incredibly high defensive stats + prayer bonus + recoil effect makes it bis for zulrah and KQ by far. Works decently at armadyl I'd say, and I personally use it at bandos.
Bandos Chestplate: Fighter torso gives the same amount of strength bonus (which is a req for master clues anyway), and for example at bandos, if you're in a duo a karil's top is usually better anyway
Armadyl top: in some places such as dks, having a top switch could be nice to get your darts back. Nice for arma too, considering you'd be wearing your arma item and not need to waste space

Last edited by Lord Cryer on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:27 pm; edited 6 times in total

Lord Cryer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Cryer Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:42 pm

Luxury items ( low priority, rich fucks only)
Spectral: Good for cerberus , just sell when not using. Not many uses for it
Arcane: Good for Zulrah. Not many uses for it.
Tyrannical Ring: Great crush bonus for DWH accuracy, but dwh is most commonly used at corp where you can just tele if you miss. And since it is imbued you can't just resell whenever you want, it isn't very expensive but it shouldn't be the first thing you buy
Saradomin Godsword: it costs 51m, but is only BIS at gorillas and DKS. It's only useful at slayer if you're feeling lazy and wanna afk, but you can just use guthans which is significantly cheaper. To put this into perspective: ZGS+ BGS+ AGS= less than 40m. You'd have money left over if you bought 3 of the godswords with the money you could have used with sgs
Bludgeon: it's a very good weapon for training strength but a whip on controlled does the job just fine. For bossing, a hasta would make be a good alternative for it and most of the bosses that require crush aren't killed very often. Cerberus which is killed very often requires crush but his defense is so low that there's almost no difference. Given that I own one, I really love it but I wouldn't say I'd pay 40m for it and as a result not have something better, like a dwh.

Armadyl chain skirt: The one place I imagine it being good really nice to have is armadyl, and most of the people in the clan don't kill it anyway. For DKS you'll probably only want a top switch but even if you want more accuracy a neck of anguish is probably better. At Sara it could work fine if you're ranging but it wouldn't make that much of a difference because you can use God d hide for zammy and Sara items instead of wasting inventory slots. Besides, void is better dps and is worth using in certain methods in a duo and should be even easier to use in a 3 man.

Ely: should be the very last thing you buy if ever. It is a very overrated shield, it doesn't work on many places because from my understanding, the effect doesn't work on bosses that hi through prayer. At most places having the strength bonus would be just as effective if not more so. At DKS a dfs is better because it has higher def do with an ely spinys damage more often and therefore draining prayer.

Lord Cryer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down